We will be reading from various sources.
You will be expected to contribute to class discussions regarding the reading and also incorporate these ideas into your projects. You will be asked to talk with classmates about the readings in various online and classroom formats. As the semester progresses, we will decide as a class the best way to share our understandings, reactions, confusion, connections, etc. in regards to the readings.
The list of readings will be updated as the semester progresses. You can access these readings from Dropbox unless I share web links to the readings.
1. Meaningful Learning with Technology
(1) Chapter One from Howland, J. L., Jonassen, D., & Marra, R. M. (2011). Meaningful learning with technology. (Fourth ed.). Boston, M.A. : Allyn.
(2) 2010 National Education Technology Plan (NETP)
(3) The 2012 Horizon Report
(4) The Educational Technology Roadmap
(1) Koehler, M. & Mishra, P. (2009). What is Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK)?. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 9(1), 60-70.
3. 21st Century Learners
(1) Marc Prensky’s Home. http://www.marcprensky.com/
(2) McKenzie, J. (2007). Digital Nativism, Digital Delusions, and Digital Deprivation. From Now On: The Educational Technology Journal, 17(2).
Communication and Collaboration
1. How to Support Communication and Collaboration with Technology
(1) Chapter 3 from Egbert, J. (2009). Supporting learning with technology : essentials of classroom practice. Upper Saddle River, N.J: Pearson/Merrill/Prentice Hall.