Today is your work day. Try to complete editing and add narration. When you record your narration, you may use rm 613. Ask me for the key.
PART 1. Editing
- Connect your camera to a laptop and copy them to the desktop (or any other place that you can easily access).
- Open iMovie.
- Create a new project.
1) Turn off default zoom (Ken Burn effect):
Go to File<Project Properties. In the “Initial Photo Placement” drop-down menu at the bottom of the window, change the option from “Ken Burns” to “Fit in Frame.” If you skip this step you’ll have a zoom effect on every picture you import into your video.
2) Set your photo duration as 1 seconds and increase it as needed.
- Drag your pictures to the project you just created.
- Now, you are ready to edit your animation!!!
PART 2. Publishing
Once you’ve finished your videos,
1) “Share” them to your Youtube account. Once your video is uploaded, share the YouTube link here:
2) Then, each group member should create an “Stop Motion Animation” page in their portfolio. On the Stop Animation page, embed your animation–I’ll show you how you can do this. And write a short description of your video). In your description, please respond to the following:
a. Tell a little about your video – your target subject and topic, target audience, the process you went through to develop the story line, how you think it might help students to understand the concept.
b. Then, talk about educational video in general. Find a resource online that talks about the merits of student-generated educational videos. Talk about how you agree and/or disagree with the resource you located. What advice would you give to students and teachers when creating videos?
1. Share the YouTube link here.
2. The video (group task) and your description(individual task) is due at the beginning of class (10am Friday).
3. For Friday, we will experiment with distance learning. Remember it doesn’t mean that you don’t have a class. Check the class blog on Friday, and complete the activities by 11:59 pm, Sunday. So literally you have three days to complete the activities. If you don’t complete the activities by the due date and time, it will be counted as absence.